The Executive Director position is an exempt position and is responsible for:
- Implementing / setting best practices and standards that align with the strategic goals and mission of the organization.
- Achieving the organization’s overall goals, including meeting the financial objectives, and actively participating in fundraising planning and execution.
- Maintaining the standards of care.
- Developing, leading, or coaching a team (staff and volunteers) to promote the organization’s mission as a no-kill shelter, lowering animal overpopulation through adoption, spay/neuter, education programs.
- Supervising team to assure all animals are afforded a humane and compassionate environment.
- Maintaining a high-level of customer service both internally and externally.
- Complying with policies and procedures that align with community needs and government requirements.